- Graduated from Charter Oak State College
- Holds a Master’s degree from the University of Hartford
- Former member of the Connecticut House of Representatives and the former House chairman of the General Assembly’s Education Committee
- Former chairperson of the Board of Trustees for Community-Technical Colleges
- Co-founder of the Hartford Jewish Coalition for Literacy
- Former chair of the Board of Visitors of the Greenberg Center for Judaic Studies at the University of Hartford
Naomi was appointed by the U.S. Secretary of Education to the National Assessment Governing Board to develop a national policy on student testing and standards.
Naomi and her husband Michael live in West Hartford and raised three sons.